Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Through the crack

If all I see is through the crack
a window that does not look back
these eyes shall not unveil
what lies beneath the tale.
What dwells so deep below the skin
shall not be known from outside in
reflections at a glance
if not in time, by chance.
If all I know is wading deep
in shallow end of wake or sleep
then ignorance is mine
for truth I shall not find.
What surely dwells where walls are sound
the core of all that can be found
from laughter, tears and more
behind a deadbolt door.
If all I know is what I see
then little shall be known to me
until the curtains slide
and walls no longer hide.
Except for that of lock and key
for only eyes of God to see,
'tis now as it shall be, come in and you will see...
 imperfect, yes are we.

Deo Volente
February 1, 2011

No comments: