Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sometimes I forget…

The day consumes me minute by minute
eyes fail to fall on the blessing within it
I push though the chaos that finds me just so
neglecting the blessings that God did bestow
The marvel of dew drops, the wonder of rain
the warmth of the sun and the fact that I’m sane
The sweet sound of echoing laughter
what comes in between and still after
A sparkle that flickers inside my child’s eyes
a moment that makes me so proud I could cry
The words of a strangers warm greeting
marvels that seem ever fleeting
A phone call, an email, a text without reason
wondrous sights in the turn of the season
I rush through the steps of my path
forgetting that which does not last
I find I see struggles, I find I feel pain
I find I remember lost trials again
forgetting my blessing indeed
The treasures of Gods planted seed
his mercy, his patience, his love without fail
His presence not only as life does derail
so foolish of me when I let…
Life’s twist, turns and stumbles abet,
while of me God never forgets.

Deo Volente
February 20, 2011

No comments: