Friday, February 4, 2011

Thinking

I caught myself wondering the other day about the age old saying " you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink" thing is, I thought the saying meant that some people are too stubborn to be reasoned with. Then it occurred to me, that's only one way to look at it. What if the saying is as much a reminder of resolve as it is of stubbornness, two halves of the whole so to speak. Several scenarios came to mind, like the condition of the water or the horse for that matter. What if the water was sure to make the horse sick or the horse was already sick. What if the horse wasn't thirsty or knew there was a better place to drink ahead. I suppose it depends on how you look at it and of course who comes to mind when you do. Still it made me think and the truth is no matter how you look at it, taking a stand requires strength, doesn't matter if it comes by way of ignorance or by way of wisdom...I know, I have too much time on my hands :)

D.V.

No comments: