Friday, February 25, 2011

Burden...

It came my way, I took a look
down to my core, it surely shook
The cross that I did carry
through grumbles I would tarry
For every moment of complaint
a sinners burden, not a saint
This load too great I said
still blind to what’s ahead
I cried to you oh lord, with voice
that every step too hard a choice
Make lighter this my cross
I knew not what the cost
Each prayer you would answer still
for you believed in my free will
Knowing what would be
that which I could not see
This cross so crafted was my tool
if only I was not a fool
and when the time had come
it could not be undone...
for I forgot thy son.

Deo Volente
February 25, 2011

I wrote this poem because of an email I received that made me rethink how I pray when my life seems at its most difficult. A man carrying a cross kept praying for it to be lighter and he got his wish but when he came to a ditch he was unable to cross it and others who had carried their cross without complaint were able to use their cross as a bridge to make it to the other side. The thing is, I have no idea what is ahead, only God can see beyond my field of sight and as such he gives me what I need to make it beyond my obstacles, I just have to remember that. I hope that email makes it to your inbox, if it has not already.

No comments: