Wednesday, June 16, 2010

soccer fever

Every four years I get loud, nothing gets me going like a good soccer match. I never watch with a favorite in mind, I let the matches determine who I cheer for and no it is not about the score, it is about the players. When a team plays, clean, fair and hard they earn my voice in their corner. That said I must tell you, I have a pet peeve...goalies who leave their goal open. A goal keepers job is to defend his goal, it is his only job. So whenever a goalie ventures out into the thick of the game it gets my blood boiling, especially when as a result of his misstep he fails to stop a strike. Today I thought Spain's goalkeeper caused their loss, he should have stayed in the goal and on top of that his effort to stop the ball was overkill so I say...good for Switzerland, they deserve that win.

DV

No comments: