Monday, June 7, 2010

dreading summer

Ok, you may have noticed that I am not at all enthused about this summer, truth be told it is the first time I have found myself not thrilled at the thought of summer. I hope that this feeling will dull and as the days roll by I will rekindle my love affair with the season. Till then I am counting the minutes and watching the clock slowly move forward.

Make hast you turning hands of time
be swift about these days of mine
I've lost this love of old
this heart to thine is cold
where passion was a fevered boil
now tick and tock of endless toil
so minuscule the pleasure
of days I once would treasure
sweat beats upon this weary face
as I must walk this wretched pace
one foot before the next
this season has me vexed
yet truth be told I must declare
tis not for season I am here
immersed in web of toil
events did season spoil
these boulders mounting one by one
has done my love of summer wrong
they've tainted what was true
grey skies that once shone blue
now turn like casket screw.

Deo Volente
June 08, 2010

No comments: