Thursday, May 21, 2009

Uncle

If I could make it so it’s true
then this would be my gift to you.
Each drop of love you did bestow
I’d make it so that you would know.
Ten thousand times then once again
to fill your heart and never end.
For all the laughter that you’ve shared
the different ways you’ve shown you cared.
I’d send them all right back to you
to bless your days in all you do
and for each memory you have made
I’d make it so they’d never fade.
Then maybe through your eyes you’d see
No matter what in life may be...
You’ll always mean the world to me.

Deo Volente
May 21, 2009

2 comments:

Errol Emden said...

Deo Volente (Keisha), how you have poured out memories of times past when you were just a little girl. These memories must have held strong meanings to have evoked such sweet cadence in prose. I am happy that I was a part of the family and of your life at a time when you needed a father-figure most. Yes, you too, Keisha, like the rest of the family, still mean the world to me - after all these years. I am proud of you all collectively and individually, having known some of the trials and tribulations you all faced.

If I could see into the mind of a child,
the need to have a father-figure mild.
Then I would have bestowed more love
and perhaps gained more blessings from above.

Hope you liked my foray into poetry (laughter), of course, it does not impress upon the consciousness as your prose does. Thank you for sharing your memories of me when you were just a child and for the high esteem you still hold of me.

Continue to let the world know of your insightfulness through your blog and of your deep understanding of the true nature of man and his universe. Be well.

Uncle Errol

Deo Volente said...

Uncle Errol: You sell yourself short, a father figure you were to a point but more so you were an individual who cared and that was indeed a scarce commodity in my youth. You taught me many things in those days though you may not have even realized it, both through your way and the giving of your time. I am just glad to have the opportunity to tell you thank you for it all, even if I fail to give great detail. As for your "foray" though I am no expert I would say you may have found a hidden talent...run with it (smile). Once again I thank you for being and for the heartfelt response.