Saturday, May 23, 2009

Deny

Deny me all the sweets of craving
Of the anger that comes raging
Frustrations of the moments lost to time
Deny me all the things that are not mine

Deny me what will break me
Those who love me and forsake me
The things that shine about me with no soul
Deny me that which does not make me whole

Deny me mirrors of illusions
Of deception and delusions
Those who will find pleasure as I grieve
Deny me those who choose not to believe

Deny me blindness of the greedy
Of the things that merely feed me
Of doubting that will hinder every try
Deny me all the things that are a lie

Deny me ways of hate and envy
Those who wish to break or bend me
Hands that wish to lead my soul astray
Deny me what will take my gifts away

Deny me ignorance and excess
That which blinds me to my true best
Everything intended to mislead
Deny me all the things I do not need
So that this self may flourish as I breathe.

Deo Volente
May 22, 2009

No comments: