Thursday, January 20, 2011

In time

What good am I, I have no wing
Nor can I whistle like birds sing
One withered leaf, without a place
Of time that was, I’m but erased

What good are you, of disregard
With callous aim and buoyant heart
A raging storm of plenty
Tis you that I shall envy

What good are we, two bound by fate
On path by way of dreary state
to earth as I decay
by earth you find your way

what good is this, that life has planned
perplexed, I wish to understand
I’m ushered to such end
While you in time transcend

What good am I, in wasted form
The aftermath of raging storm
So ravaged by the season
Weep not, for there is reason…

Though once you were of branch of tree
It came to pass that you should be
of moment that would pass
To soil, in time be cast

In arms with rain and seed of fruit
till glory of one newborn root
in soil beneath life’s tree…
We’re blessings, don’t you see.

Deo Volente
January 19, 2011

No comments: