Friday, January 7, 2011

Fool

It's another dreary day, the sun has taken refuge behind a blanket of gray clouds and my heart has joined it. I found it strange that the year began so gloomy but as the saying goes... "you never see smoke without fire". I had high hopes this year for things I shall and ought not mention. Funny how age has no bearing on dreams yet time makes all the difference. So I wonder, heavy heart and all, when will the sun return? When will the light of a new day peak out at this heart with warmth? Tis a dreary day indeed, much like the color of this dream.

one heartfelt dream 'tis stolen now
by thief of time, I wonder how
one broken stone it took
lean closer, take a look

yes faulty was that dreams' design
a blueprint that held all the signs
though blameless is the sun
where darkness has begun

for clouds were woven thick and gray
and thus no sparkle made its way
too weak to shatter through
what else could sunlight do

it may as well be dark as night
for loneliness has strangled sight
who fights I ask for naught
who cares for what they've got

who sees the bump around the bend
and presses on the gas my friend
who, my dear, alas...
this feeble mind does ask.

for in it spins a thousand thoughts
in hopes that one true spark is caught
to shed light on the way
to ease what brings dismay

how foolish was that thought to dream
of darkness in recurring theme
to wish for light of day
a wiser lad might say...

but fools have dreams as all else do
and yes they try to see them through
their flaw comes with their heart...
for that is where they start,
this lesson I impart.

Deo Volente
January 7, 2011.

No comments: