Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The eyes no longer have it

So my eyes are not what they once were, comes with age, right…
A few years ago I noticed that every so often, I had the hardest time seeing small print. Then the typos followed, dare I say in rapid succession. I was diagnosed with astigmatism but the thing that gets me is, it seems to have a mind of it’s own. Well I refuse to wear my glasses because they make my eyes hurt and the logic of “your eyes need time to adjust” just will not work for me. If they are supposed to improve my situation, why then is there need for an adjustment period? My best guess is the ophthalmologist was in such a rush to cram as many patients into his wallet as he could, he flew through the exam and fell a few drops short of a full bucket…so if you have noticed a few more errors than usual, that would be the reason. At least that’s my story and I’m sticking to it :)

D.V.

No comments: