Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Out with the old ...

Every new year since my teen years I have thought long and hard about the lessons of the old year and what if anything I needed to improve upon. These resolutions are always well thought out and every year one particular resolution makes the list yet is never accomplished. It could be that this resolution simply goes against the person that I am at my core or maybe I am just too afraid of what it would truly mean if this one powerful change came to be. I tell you this because as this year comes to its end I have begun reflecting and it has occurred to me that if I resolve to make changes, shouldn't these changes be like the seed of a tree, planted carefully in fertile soil. Something that as time goes by will not only cause me to be proud of the fruits of my labor but more importantly bring me true joy. That said I resolve this year never to add this resolution to my list again for some seeds are simply not meant to bare fruit.

D.V.

No comments: