Thursday, December 2, 2010

Memories

I hear you knocking
like wind rocking
the trees of fall
I hear you call
I hear you screaming
in nightmares dreaming
swallowed by the dark
longing for that spark
I hear your footsteps
your every regret
paths taken that cannot be undone
I hear you breathless as you run
faster and faster to your fate
every turn that you debate
I hear your laughter
this day and after
through the crystal of your tears
through the dawn of all your fears
I feel you breathing
of heart so fleeting
drifting as the waves of morrow
I taste the salt of your sorrow
I hear you slipping
the clock that's ticking
reaching out to the abyss
so many things you'll surely miss
I hear your reason
for every season
winter blue, from old to new
spring of birth, each seed of worth,
summer sweet shine, hours true divine
fall...return to earth, priceless is thy worth
believe that which you are
God's hand picked shining star
I see you growing
in time of knowing
as age finds you with time
each turn upon this chime.
I hear you loudly beyond your whisper
and in truth, here is the kicker...
I hear you though these ears have fallen deaf...
for from this heart that beats, you never left.

Deo Volente
December 2, 2010

No comments: