Monday, November 22, 2010

Good morning

The sun does not shine, on this morning of gray
I watch the clouds linger and wish them away.
It’s cold and it’s dreary but still my heart sings,
for in it, I recap my favorite things.

My hair is quite messy, my wrinkles all show,
which causes much laughing yet on I will go...
to tackle so bravely those stairs,
the reminder of all of my years.

Parts creak and parts crack like they didn’t before
and believe it or not there are part that hurt more,
but I’ll face it one step at a time,
for this heart beats of sweet hope sublime.

I’ll sing out a medley of songs old and new,
to conquer this grayness with shadows of blue
and dance about freely I say,
yes I’ll be my sunshine today...
at least till these clouds go away.

Deo Volente
November 22, 2010

No comments: