Sunday, November 21, 2010

Invited...

Yesterday was a day that came by way of many moods and chaos, it was to be but not of heart. I was invited to share in a celebration because one stranger thought of me. Such is the story of my life, I quietly do; forever in the background is my position. I once told a friend that the best way to describe me is invisible and I like it that way. Yesterday however, all eyes for a moment turned to me and needless to say I felt like running. If I could have shed my skin I would have but it was not an option so I stood. In the back as always, in the shadows as usual but this time, for just a moment, I was seen. I thank the kind stranger and all those who felt it important to look back in the shadows... I am not perfect, I am simply human, I live quietly, humbly and always in hope that God is with me. I do the things I do because I firmly believe that I should treat others the way I wish to be treated. There is no need in my eyes to thank me for that, I honestly know no other way to be.

D.V

No comments: