Tuesday, September 14, 2010

perspective...

I drove to the drive through against my better judgement, I do not like junk food. Still the little voice that reasoned so well from the back seat convinced me to, so I did. I listened to the ramble that I never understand which I assume is their way of convincing customers to spend more money than they intend to. I then placed my simple order, 2 items, no frills, no extras, just two things...easy right? I followed the instructions, made the payment, got the receipt and waited for my order. A smiling woman handed me a bag, which I do not check and proceed to drive off...as I pull away she yells out the window "your drink" to which I respond " I did not order one" that was red flag I couldn't ignore, so I checked the bag. Needless to say I got someone elses order, strangely enough, I wasn't angry, a bit put out, but not angry. I calmly found a spot, parked, explained the situation to the small passenger and we walked in to explain the mix up. I wasn't even at the counter and the smiling Lady caught my eye, arm out stretched with my order, she immediate apologized and said I should keep the wrong order on them. I thanked her, took my order and headed back to the truck when the little passenger said "that's nice, now you have something too" I couldn't help but smile, isn't it wonderful how children see the positive side of things.

D.V.
September 14, 2010.

No comments: