Tuesday, May 4, 2010

hermit I am

I never go where the crowds gather
where others believe they must be
I never blend in with the masses
for fear that somehow I'll lose me

I rather not venture with many
I simply prefer just a few
it's woven so into my being
tis all that my heart knows to do

those paths that are worn
I shaln't tarry
those roads so well paved I ignore
I rather the path never taken
the rugged terrain I adore

It maybe that fear is my motive
it maybe that I am just shy
It could be a fortress of reasons
the truth is I do not know why

I'd rather be one woman standing
a single small voice in the rain
and when each tomorrow comes calling
I'm sure I shall do it again

I rather not follow the pavers
or tar on the path someone made
for I treasure that which makes me marvel
and believe my own path must be laid.

Deo Volente
May 4th 2010

No comments: