Friday, February 27, 2009

I will...

If I am true to myself
I will lead more than I follow
I will reach for the stars
both today and tomorrow
I will feed every fiber
of this being that I am
Through my thoughts,
through my virtues
and my thirst to understand...

If I am true to my wonder
I will seek a life that’s whole
I will grow from every moment
and I’ll hear the things I’m told
I will face every challenge
understanding that in truth
They are merely little branches
and I alone will plant the roots...

If I am true to my conscience
I will heed its every cry
I will live this life I’m given
long before I have to die
I will treasure every blessing
knowing they don’t have to be
I will love the way I aught to
and I’ll set my spirit free
I will dance to all the music
that transcends into this song
I will stand when I have fallen
and admit when I am wrong
I will dream outside of limits
so the sky is well in reach
I will always make a point to learn...
before I try to teach.


Deo Volente
February 27, 2009

No comments: