Monday, February 16, 2009

See...

If you took a moment, just a single moment
and dared to look ,what would you see?
who knows, you might catch a glimpse of me.
The strength behind these eyes
that glisten with surprise
every time it peeks out at the day,
maybe you would see me just that way.
Every tear that’s washed this face
from a heart that can’t erase,
memories like mountain ranges wide,
everything this smile knows how to hide.
Every wrinkle of this self
tucked away upon a shelf
a girl that believed it to be true,
that life is so much more than me and you.
Its a crafted quilt of deeds,
stitched by hopes, and fears and dreams,
anticipations, heartaches and much more
everything each day would have in store,
Yes if you took a single moment
and by chance your eyes did see
this miracle of life that sets me free,
then yes oh yes, you’d catch a glimpse of me.

Deo Volente
February 16, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

but your writing Madame reveal lot of sensitivity and a generous offering lot of love and strength to live... and I catch a glimpse of you !!

Deo Volente said...

Thank you Patrick - Lucas and through your beautiful photos I too catch a glimpse of you.