Saturday, February 6, 2010

The MLK way

no! I shall not quietly, retreat into the night
all those hoses, flaming crosses are more fuel for my fight
this road that I will travel I must pave
even if it takes me to my grave
when you clench your fist in fury I'll extend an open hand
I may stumble from your anger but resolve will help me stand
determined not to fight fire with fire
for I know that every flame has to expire
I shall walk with even paces as the trail ahead is steep
when you drag me to your jail cell I will take the time to sleep
resting for the journey still to be
as your bars cannot contain a soul that's free
although hate and separation is what moves you most to speak
I shall use my voice in glory to proclaim we're all unique
for like flowers we are different that I know
just as love will make a garden thrive and grow
I believe that what you reap is what you sow.

Deo Volente
February 6, 2010

No comments: