Saturday, September 5, 2009

something to think about

I was up late the other night as I often am and decided to turn on the TV after all I was awake and haunted so why not rot my brain cells a bit. Flipping through channels I came upon reruns of a show I find interesting so I watched. It happened to be an episode I had never seen before so that at least made it worthwhile. At the end, as is always the case, one of the main characters recited a quote. Normally I’d hear the quote, think “interesting” then move on but this quote was different. For some reason it resonated with me but I didn’t hear who the character was quoting. Days passed and the need to know simply grew so I decided to search the internet and as though it were destined to be, I found it in the first link on my first try. If you have ever searched the internet for anything you know how unlikely that is. So here it is, the quote that hit home and the name of the man wise enough to have said it...

"Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Khalil Gibran

Deo Volente
September 5, 2009

No comments: