Monday, September 21, 2009

Brown Eyes

Through those eyes so beautiful and wide
I see you
Standing yet shaken
From thought not awaken
Full of dreams yet void of hope
Alive yet not living
Daring yet afraid
Woe those choices you have made

Anger keeps you in his grip
This poison you so freely sip
Choking your youth
Your warmth, your grace
Break free and let me in
This tyrant must not win

Use those eyes so vibrant and wise
To see and you’ll be surprised
The faces that will come to view
All of them with tears for you
Moved by your plight
Ready to help you fight

Open your eyes beyond the now
And you will see just when and how
You will rise above this day
Just choose another way
Share this burden that you bear
Let me in, I truly care

Too smart to see this road as wise
Too smart to listen to his lies
Too smart not to lift your head up

Dream big and work for every drop
Live your gifted life by sewing fruitful crop
To be Gods own son
To change the course you’re on
To rise, you’re too smart not to be wise

Use those beautiful brown eyes and you will see me
Hear and believe me
I wish you victory in battle
To be so true you won’t unravel
For love to overflow your every being
Let me in so I can see what you are seeing

I can help you through your pain
Through this never ending rain
To see the rainbow that God made, just for you
Unlock there retched gates and let me through

So I can wipe away those tears
Help with the burden of your years
Find a way to heal so you may grow
I’ll always be here for you, hope you know

Deo Volente
February 18, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

j'adore


c'est très beau

Deo Volente said...

Patrick - Lucas: Merci beaucoup.