Sunday, March 29, 2009

Signs

Is it I in the silence that speaks to my heart
doubts without mercy that tear me apart.
I ponder the truth that I see,
then wonder out loud, is it me.
From all of the shadows that blaze in this sun,
beside me no matter how fast I might run.
I’m caught in a web of deceit,
seeking the path of retreat.
To find my true shelter to weather this storm,
that holds me, protects me, ensures that I’m warm.
I grope in the dark to be free,
and question again, is it me.
Amidst every whisper once carved in the sand,
I search their illusion so that I might stand.
Embracing my innermost light,
burning by day and by night.
Yet deep in the silence these thoughts are my screams,
a marvelous wonder of madness it seems.
So foolish I cannot deny...
how pointless the question of why,
for all the signs say...it is I.

Deo Volente
March 27, 2009

No comments: