Friday, August 28, 2026

Unshackled

Let me out in the wild blue yonder, 
so my mind can limitlessly wonder. 
Like rays that glisten in the sun, 
unshackle me, so that I can run.

Through fields in the sparkle of night, 
barefoot and boundless with delight. 
In the silhouette of a moonlit sky, 
where my soul finds the courage to fly.

Surround me with the wonders of nature, 
the masterful work of the creator.
Where hours unfold like a dream,
and I am a steady flowing stream.

Release me so that I might soar,
through valleys, atop mountains and more.
Where I can make haste to my heart,
for we have been too long apart.

Plant me where the wind won't break, 
freely giving the things that they take.
So I can grow like an antient old tree, 
firmly rooted in the wonder of me...
abandonly wild and free.

KEC
aka Deo Volente
8/28/2026

No comments: