Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Defeat

If I told you how I tried
how I've prayed and how I've cried
you may tell me that I've lied
but still it's true...
all the ache I hold inside is nothing new.
From the torment I can't hide
blessings carelessly denied
every wayward step that trampled within stride
bear the pieces of a heart that slowly died.
Behind eyes as cold as ice
ask me once and ask me twice
for the mirror of the soul that used to be
bears a darkness that I never thought I'd see.
Now I'm shaken to my core
and I fear there will be more
as the tree of lies is starting to bear fruit
you forget that God will always know the truth.
If I tell you what you've lost
what is priceless in its cost
you may roll your eyes and think me such a fool
but the wealth of life comes not by spark of jewel.
Ask me thrice is you so choose
walk a mile in these old shoes
them the edges of thy tongue won't be so able
for someday your hand will rest upon that cradle.
Now I turn to God in faith
to give love beyond thy hate
hoping so that I will learn to bear my cross
as I give to him that which I know I've lost.

Deo Volente
March 7, 2011

No comments: