Sunday, July 18, 2010

If

if only...
I could touch the stars
to take each one into my arms
I'd drown inside their glow
I love them don't you know

if only
I could reach the moon
beyond the strength of earthy pull
to glide from tip to tip
upon the moon I'd skip

if only
I could touch the sky
each cloud no more than inches by
I'd drift off in the blue
and bid sweet Earth adieu

if only
I could bravely scale
each mountain side and never fail
I'd stand upon each summit
just proud that I had done it

if only
I could sail the seas
from shore to shore with stroke of ease
each wave another guide
upon its strength I'd glide

if only
I could know this Earth
before its wonder knows my girth
then if would simply be...
the cast that makes the key
that sets this spirit free.

Deo Volente
July 18, 2010

No comments: