Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Through my neighborhood I go
Down each driveway ever so
Only houses with a light
Shining on their porches bright

Meeting up with all my friends
hope the fun it never ends
Some are dressed up like a fairy
Others like a monster scary!

Parents not too far behind
All the neighbors are so kind
Bowls of candy filled with treats
Some are bitter, others sweet

Got a toothbrush over here
Haunted house right over there
Little ghosts in spooky trees
What happens I can’t wait to see

Laughing mat where I should stand
Hairy slimy monster hand
Spider webs are everywhere
I’m not an easy child to scare

Jack o lantern faces glowing
Flickers cause the wind is blowing
Grave stones where they weren’t before
Maybe I’ll go pass that door

well it is that time again
Halloween comes to an end
and once it’s all been checked by mother
I’ll Trade some candy with my brother.


Deo Volente
October 29, 2007

No comments: