Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My friend...

Why so grey my vibrant friend
Not long ago at wars dark end
You shone with such a brilliance of new
What I ponder has become of you

Your sparkle has but gone away
A hue that was no longer may
Hidden so these eyes do fail to see
Oh tell me friend what has become of thee

Pray tell me friend you do recall
A time once then that you stood tall
A canvas of great stories to be told
Long before your wonder would be sold

The bids of thoughtless pockets deep
An auction riddled with deceit
With gavel of the greedy to dictate
I hope my friend I’ve not arrived too late

Forgive me every fallen tear
That stupidly I did not hear
For long has this polluted air
Spread far and wide its dark despair
How blind it seems I’ve been to all your pain
Please tell me friend that you will shine again.

Deo Volente
January 13, 2009

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

très joli texte et belle écriture... ils ont de la chance tes amis !

Deo Volente said...

Patrick - Lucas; Merci