Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Riches...as I see it


I watched a movie the other night that got me thinking about life. Why is it that humans have a tendency to place so much value on the haves, be it people or material? For me I don’t care about things, never have and I hope I never do. What matters to me are the things money can never buy, the moments that fill life in ways that things never could. Does that make me crazy? I would rather be given a hand made card or a shy attempt at poetry than a diamond ring any day. Once long ago I wake up to find a tiny piece of paper with a mint carefully wrapped inside it on my pillow. The note was from my little sister and all it said was love G. I kept that note for many years. It was one of the best gifts I had ever received…a free scrap of paper and a 5 cent mint. It’s moments like these that I hold dear as the years trickle by for they are the jewels of true riches, priceless and irreplaceable.

 
Deo Volente
September 4, 2012

1 comment:

Deo Volente said...

Did you catch the mistake? well, happens to the best of us I guess :)