Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Everyone's a critic

I was watching the television and it occurred to me that most commercials are, well, stupid. I don't mean silly, ha ha, I mean pointless, so out there you are left wondering what the point was. Then there are a few works of true talent, as they all should be. The ones that have you laughing, singing along, the ones that catch your attention and leave an impression. That my friend is the difference between throwing something out there and a work of art. Needless to say it all got me thinking, what if I were to critic the endless commercials that seem to rule the world of television...maybe I will, after all, everyone is a critic!

D.V.

2 comments:

Ms Beauty Soul said...

I cannot stand ad breaks... I cannot sit through and ad break I always have to get up and go and do something... although every once in a while there will be one that catch my eye like the Tango drink ads they have in the UK... They were pretty funny...

Deo Volente said...

Ms Beauty Soul, thanks for the comment... I agree, most commercials are not worth their time slot. Thanks for the tip on the Tango ad, I will have to google it.