Saturday, August 29, 2015

There would be


There would be silence, if mind was still
there would be peace, if there was will
yet all that lingers are doubts within thought
for everything one could and ought

Each year does trickle by seconds unseen
fading in darkness of unending dream
motions the turning of time
most without reason or rhyme

There could be fortune if coin did not measure
but rather by family and laughter our treasure
prosperity grown without greed
with faith and compassion our seeds

There might be solace if he did not linger
tempting the spirit to posture by finger
a world without anger or hate
I wonder if it’s now too late…

There might be marvel within every turn
If much like our children, from heart we would learn
A pastime of wonder by sight
Where hope is our stronghold at night

There might be acceptance, if judgment would die
And for all our failings we simply would try
For we cannot mold man from clay
and God will address all one day

I would not be foolish if I had the mind
to seek not these blessings of which I can't find
I would not be weary if I would relent
accepting what is, in content

But no I must linger and grope in the dark
for any small proof of a wondrous spark
wishing and hoping this world still had heart
far from the failings of start, with virtuous truth to impart.

 
K. E-C.
Deo Volente
August 29, 2015

No comments: