Friday, January 2, 2015

New to me...

I watched silently as the world celebrated the final moments of 2014 and nothing...not a glimmer nor a spark. 2014 had been the year of loss and reflection and now I stood, atop another. I found myself filled with uncertainty and skepticism, diminishing the fresh anticipation of 2015. So as I reflect in the twinkle of this new year on my solemn departure from the old, this is my resolution...

If it be thy will oh Lord,
lead me with thy great accord,
in each step I have to take...
for me and for my loved ones sake.
Hold me closely to your heart
till we can't be told apart,
let my light shine from your flame
and to my loved ones, do the same
for though we are but specks on Earth
with you oh Lord we'll find our worth.

Amen

Deo Volente aka
K.E.C
1/2/15

No comments: