Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Now that it's over....

After 4 long years of waiting, it's over! I can honestly say that this world cup came with more ups and downs than most for me. I found that more teams played what I have always called "dirty" and that was troublesome. The up side however was those teams did not get very far, so yes, there is justice. The USA did far better than they were given credit for, next time I hope that they improve stamina, speed and rush the goal a bit more. Still, I can say anything since I am just sitting and watching, after all... "everyone has an opinion". I have gained great respect for several players this year and more than once my heart broke as they and their teams were eliminated. When the final match rolled around I had no favorite because I liked both teams but as the game progressed it went without saying that Germany played a better and cleaner game so they earned the win. That said without naming names or pointing fingers I will say this...for the teams who played dirty, clean up your act please, children are watching. For the teams who fell short but played with all their hearts, do not be discouraged. For my home team, you made us proud! For Germany and Argentina...hats off to you both. With that I shall begin my count down to World Cup 2018.

Play fair and Play hard World :)

Deo

No comments: