Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thinking and reflection

Hi there,
It's been a while since last we were
here,
toiling away in thought and jest
giving the world by words our best
and worst,
defined only by mood,
vivacious or crude.
I've missed the verses etched in blog,
the bits and pieces of that log.
Of days that come by chance
and every telling glance.
I'll tell you this,
I walked away
from prose for muse came with delay,
inspiration left me there,
without a note of want or care.
Yet all along throughout this year,
changes and challenges shook and took,
of them I could write a book.
If only words did not fail,
I'd have chapters penned of this tale
but such is life,
and the moments we live.
The heart we surrender,
the love that we give.
The seconds the wall clock must take,
the reality that jolts us awake.
I return now in the still of my evening,
willing and able, always believing...
that where there is life, hope will dwell,
and these are the stories I'll tell.

D.V.
June 19, 2013

No comments: